“Proud to be Lebanese”, “
Where did all those slogans lead us to? Did they:
- Improve our quality of life?
- Reduce the national debt?
- Increase our GNP?
- Free the hands of the judiciary?
- Provide us with a fair electoral law?
- Protect our basic human rights?
- Make available affordable basic necessities?
- Create new job opportunities?
- Insure a decent retirement fund?
- Fix any of the problems with the National Health Service?
Do I really need to go on, or is this enough for a start?
The list is endless and ever-growing; and yet we do nothing. We are still waiting for some miracle government/leader who will take us out of this ever deepening abyss. Well my friends this is not going to happen unless we all wake up and act. Express your disapproval of this status quo in every possible peaceful mean; be relentless in your quest for a better nation. Do not sell short your dignity and freedom. Do not sell short LEBANON !!!