Tuesday, December 01, 2009

An even greater divide !

The final curtain has been drawn. In the past 48 hours, bored out of my skull, I have indulged in the art of “zapping” being the insomniac that I am. “Fesse book” could no longer cut it; so I reverted back to monitoring garbage on local airwaves. Out of boredom and my stubborn refusal to chemically induce sleep, I had, in the past 48 hours willingly subjected myself to the crème de la crème of Lebanese “New found culture”. First stop was MTV with a resemblance of “Video Gag” where people were asked the following question: “What is the name of the French president Nicolas Sarkozy”, is it George, Tony or Abraham? And most of my countrymen answered Abraham. A few minutes later, while my thumb was still exercising his routine; OTV came shining. A bunch of vulgar idiots (a doctor Carrot included) were indulging in the telling of vulgar, but well known jokes to the applause of an orange well indoctrinated audience. The jokes (and the words) used in this utterly useless program, should not even have passed the most lenient of censorship standards, my dear “so called” democratic country allows (according to its archaic laws). A breath of fresh air some might say, but I disagree. In order to be fair (and I am mostly not) the saga continued. Today I had the misfortune to watch yet another pollutant “dick head” called Zaven on Future TV (along with his 3 stooges/guests) attempting to deal with the subject of child molestation. The program was supposed to shed new evidence as to the death of a mother and her 3 children in Bhersaf, but far from it showed how lacking we are in investigative journalism.
On amore serious note, and in order to revert back to the original title of this post, Hassouna graced us with the new Hizbollah’s doctrine.
OH PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE ! I wasn’t born yesterday.
The gloves are off, and you can burn me to the stake. I have made my choice (and it has been a long time coming), you and I cannot coexist!

My culture:


And yours that I refuse:



No you are not a part of whom I am and NEVER will be !

1 comment:

Ekios said...

Oh happy days, "oooh happy dayyyys" ...

Yallah my friend, they don't want an islamic Lebanon anymore !!! It's Christmas gift !!

PS : as said on the phone, yes, we are still fucked, they still want to play "wawaaar" with Israel ...