Monday, April 27, 2009

Thank you MTV

And more over “thank you Claude Abou Nader Hindi”, for having once more proved that there is no objectivity in local reporting.
Please crucify me for having believed that the only breath of fresh air and free voice was once again allowed to air. Astonished I was, when on the 7th of April, MTV took to the air, voicing what I thought was the only free and independent medium that was lacking amongst all those “sold out, political belonging, warlords promoting thugs. Tonight, and after having watched Ms Hindi’s program I can’t help but wonder about the zeal of such journalistic integrity.
The topic at hand is one that holds close to, not only my heart, but my financial well being; that of Gemayzeh.
I, like many others before me, believed in the entrepreneurial ship spirit of the Lebanese; whom after 30 years of living under Syrian hegemony (and their local stooges) took a stand towards reestablishing the Lebanon we (and you, Gemayzeh citizens) knew. The Lebanon that used to strive on culture; the city that never sleeps (Beirut), and love of life.
We came to Gemayzeh and rented premises (at exorbitant prices) that were not even fit to be used as stables to mules and donkeys, from those of you whom are now complaining.
Ms Abou Nader Hindi, made a point tonight of showing the plight and suffering of the residents of one sector of Beirut that would have been lost in the history books if it wasn’t for the few people (like me, and others) who decided to revive it. Throughout her program, there was talk about parking spaces, lack of running water, smell of sewage, lack of civic duties, power failures, noise pollution at noon (not only in the evening), a plot to get Christians out of Gemayzeh…etc.
The entire blame fell on those of us who spent huge amounts of money trying to revive what was nothing more than a ghost town (and still would have been). Not a single mentioned was aired, blaming the neighboring ISF watching female punters passing, by whilst ignoring teenagers drinking on the sidewalk.
The “propos” of Ms Nour (Monique) and Mme Kiwan are nothing less than the sayings of two bitter women (typical of old school “femmes aigries”) on whom the following saying applies:
“Never bite that hand that feeds you”.
How is it that I (an owner of an establishment in Gemayzeh) can be held responsible for the noise that a “citerne” makes when it is delivering me water? Is in it the duty of my government to provide me with running water ?!!!!!!
Ms Nour goes on saying that our youth lacks civic education. So is that my fault as well, and should I be penalized for it?
The only parking in Gemayzeh is soon to be turned into 144 apartment’s blocks, a couple of high rise towers and a few condos I the middle of a small garden; and I am to blame for it?
The smell of sewage is also our responsibility or is it that of the “baladiyeh”?
The war that is now being shunned by those uptight, ingrate, “usuriers”; should not pass. They want their pound of flesh, let them get it from those in power who made us pay through our noses for our licenses. Let the residents of Gemayzeh shut us down and witness their properties plummet to $10.0 a square meter; then they will come back crawling licking our arses.
Ms Hindi and MTV, sorry but I have to say it; you haven’t done your homework properly, what a shame !

WLEK TFEH !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I rearly like your videos.I also have a blog here with blogger.But when I post my videos to my blog from my YOU Tube account,they dissapear from my blog when I try to add text to my post beside the video.How do you get the videos onto your page do you upload them or just post to your blog?I have also tried to upload but this is not working for me either.Any way I do enjoy reading your pages.Danny,London,England.

Marillionlb said...

@ Anon,
Just copy and paste the embeded codes on youtube.

bathmate said...

wow nice article ,Excellent site...I appreciate this blog....
nice posting for this site.love to see this kind of site thank you for your comments .i ,its really good comments



Bathmate

stenote said...

Good blog... keep-up the good work... May I share a blog about the Notre Dame in Paris in https://stenote.blogspot.com/2018/06/paris-at-notre-dame.html
Watch also the video in youtube https://youtu.be/7sWfbl4En7g