Tuesday, March 06, 2012

The newly found Lebanese culture !

A while back I thought that I had nothing left to say about this land of milk and honey that I haven’t repeated over and over again; I felt like I was beating a dead horse. My words on many occasions failed me, and I found myself not being able to “ink” my thoughts. The Lebanese political arena had become so boring and repetitive that I deemed it not worthy of trying to revive my brain cells in order to write any half coherent text.
Those of you who are familiar with my ranting might wonder why I kept so silent especially with regards to all the trials and tribulations our “sisterly” state in the north was witnessing. And those of you who know me well enough would understand my silence. Well tonight I will break my silence for a short lapse of time, so bare with me.
Whilst I was attempting to watch the debate with regards to the dilemma about the proposed history books, Bashir Gemayel came to mind; and those of you who know me well enough can recall endless discussion whereby I have made it clear that I was very critical of some of the means and never was someone who could follow blindly.
Going through Bashir’s old speeches on youtube I came across a video clip from a program that use to air on MTV (and thank God it is no longer). I have no idea why I actually took the time for the clip to download (thank you minister Sahnaoui for keeping your promise for fast internet), but when I actually starting watching I was shocked. Shocked to the extent that being the masochistic fool that I am, I had to watch it till the end.
If such a program can gather so much viewers than Lebanon deserves much worse than the Syrian boot, Lebanon should be burned to the ground along with all those who make such programs a success; and maybe just like the legend of the phoenix (with a slight difference) some good will rise from the ashes.
Long gone are the days of Gaston Chikhani, Jean Calude Boulos (to whom I pay tribute and may he rest in peace), Yvette Sursock, le theatre des dix heures...etc; the only culture we are witnessing today is reflective of this big brothel they made Lebanon into.
Al sha3b yourid iskat Hayfa, Maya, May...etc !

1 comment:

mc said...

Reminds me of the french television